Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013

Almost like Christmas!

Word of mouth informed me that there was a small organic farm in the north of our city. Word of mouth continued to inform me that they delivered weekly veggie crates! Being the person that I am I got overly excited about it and ordered the largest version they had available. Today was finally the day of days! The box got delivered! The boyfriend even suggested we'd do an "unboxing" video. I was tempted to do that. Then I was to lazy and only took pictures.


Rain and other yucky October weather didn't keep the driver from bringing this colorful beauty to our place. I truly feel like I am a little too excited about a collapsable plastic box full of vegetables. But that's okay. Other people go crazy over shoes with a red sole. I guess when my braincells were programmed, I got lots of those "books and food" ones and very few from the fashion department. Fine with me.

And here it is in all its glory:




Butterhead lettuce, tiny red garden radishes, apples, pears, carrots, cauliflower, leek, grapes, potatoes, onions, and purple kohlrabi. I love kohlrabi and never tried the purple version - can't wait to change that!



I keep being amazed by the colors that natures comes up with. I can't wait to eat these things! :D
My only complaint is that they included half a dozen of eggs. I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian, but I usually chose to exclude the ovo-lacto part from my diet. I'm not super upset they put the eggs (which are not a standard item in the box anyways, but actually one that needs to be booked additionally), but I would have preferred some veggies in lieu of the eggs. Oh well.

Yes. This was a veggie nerd blog.



PS.: If anyone wants to get that sort of box and if you're in the Duisburg/Germany area, take a look at the Enninghorst Hof website. They have different box sizes. The one I ordered was XL and cost me €30 + €2 delivery.